Last week was another great week of training which started with the gym then a run in the snow and freezing conditions on Monday and various gym sessions at stupid o'clock every day other than Wednesday. This is always reserved for a drive into Newcastle, park the car and a decent run before work. Not quite a half marathon but not far off. Returning to the car and then a visit to the most amazing and inspiring place that is St Nicholas Cathedral to light a few candles and say a few prayers. On Friday I ran the same route as Monday but knocked 7 minutes off the time, all down to the balmy Mediterranean conditions!!  ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š Saturday is my rest day and then normally a long run. No run yesterday due to the hurricane winds in Northumberland. I had run in the last 2 hurricane conditions which was not good. I settled for using the “bike turbo trainer” in the warmth for 1.5 hours. Saying that I am now suffering from a sore ****. Rather be sore tomorrow than to be sorry for not training!!!!!!!!

I cannot thank Matty and Callum enough for all the help, guidance and patience with my strength and condition training.

On an important note I received the results from my PSA test which show no signs of concern. PLEASE PLEASE…. everyone get themselves checked out if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please follow my journey through training (click on the link) and the first event in April 2020. Please spread the word re Prostate Cancer to all your Male family members and friends. Please share the blog and my message that I want to get out there. As I will keep saying all donations large or small make a huge difference. Please click on the Just Giving link on the left-hand side of the page. Lets all work together and eradicate this cancer.

“YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE GREAT TO START BUT YOU HAVE TO START TO BE GREAT!!”

All the best,

Cato.

Comments

Popular Posts