Well what a week it’s been. Last Sunday I only managed a 13 miler. It seems I am destined to train in the wind. The Morpeth to Ashington route is like running in a wind tunnel!!! I think running in Chicago would be easier!!! Monday was a bad day with a household emergency so no run or gym. I trained the rest of the week all starting at stupid o’clock. The gym pictures are Matty putting me through my paces with a bit of work on the #guns. Before that Callum was encouraging and helping me with deadlifts and standing press. On Wednesday I only managed 9.5 miles before graft. I was flying though!!!
The left knee has been playing up for months now. The Docs will not give me a Cortisone injection and the cost to get it done privately is so prohibitive. The previous Wednesday I managed 14 miles before work, but the pain was around 5 out of 10. Not to bleat on but I have had a large amount of my meniscus removed from my left knee and some from my right knee. All those years of running and Thai Boxing (blocking low kicks hasn’t helped) taking its toll. The last operation was in 2013 when the Surgeon said I would never run again. I said, “I’ll see about that!!!” So here I am after 3 knee operations still fighting.
The run again today was so windy. I did have a headphone malfunction and my phone was doing strange things. The positive is that I tried a new “Mueller type” band on my left knee. This helped the pain a lot and stopped my body fatiguing. I managed 16 miles which is the longest run since 2012. Happy Days!!! 😊😊😊I had so much left in the tank, heart wise so hopefully everything is on schedule for the Easter Weekend. Unless COVID-19 plays a part.

I cannot thank Team Cato enough, Matty, Callum, Gary and snake hips himself Craig!! They have all played their part this week and are stepping up every step of the way (no pun intended.)
Thank you to Tom Wilson for plugging my challenge on his amazing “Sunday Soul Show” between 5-7 pm today on line www.lionheartradio.co.uk I am on the wireless (radio to you younger guys) next Saturday for the Lionheart Radio annual fundraiser from 10pm for an all-nighter. I will be dropping some amazing choons (all vinyl.) I’ve recorded an amazing interview with Neil Jones from the oh so talented band Stone Foundation (and Tom of course.) Please listen in and contact the show and I will dedicate some choons to you.
I will never use age as an excuse or a crutch. Just remember;

YOU DON’T STOP BECAUSE YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP!!!

Please share this and help Prostate Cancer UK eradicate Prostate Cancer
www.prostatecanceruk.org

Comments

Popular Posts